Perfect over a bed of rice or freshly grilled veggies, middle eastern flavors will pop from your kitchen with the addition of this garlic-ey yogurt sauce.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 10–12 minutes
Skewers: Metal, bamboo or wooden
Wire whisk for mixing sauce
TIPS/THINGS TO REMEMBER
- For even coating and deeper penetration, season the chicken cubes before skewering them
- If your skewers are wooden or bamboo, soak them in water for 10 minutes to help prevent burning
- Zest your lemon first and then cut it in half to juice the rest
- This will make more sauce than you will likely use, goes great with roasted veggies as well.
- 2 Chicken thighs, cut into 1–1.5” cubes
- 2 tsp Ancient Halaby Spice Blend
- ½ tsp kosher or other coarse salt
For the Sauce:
- 1.5 cups of Greek yogurt
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Juice of half lemon
- Pinch of salt, to taste
- Zest of half a lemon
- Freshly ground pepper
- Preheat barbeque or broiler
- Toss chicken cubes with Ancient Halaby Spice Blend and salt to evenly coat; set to the side.
- For the sauce, mix together all ingredients except the zest; adjust salt to taste. Set to the side.
- Skewer chicken and grill over medium high heat, 4–5 minutes each side.
- To serve, spoon yogurt sauce over the top, and top with lemon zest and freshly cracked pepper.
ANCIENT HALABY CHICKEN KEBABS WITH LEMON GARLIC YOGURT was originally published in Spice Tribe on Medium, where people are continuing the conversation by highlighting and responding to this story.