Mombacho Café Hanger Steak VIDEO
- 1 hanger steak
- 3 Tbsp butter
- 2 tsp Mombacho Café
- 1 cup of corn
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- 2 cups grape tomatoes, sliced in half
- juice of 1 lime
- salt to taste
- 2 Tbsp chopped cilantro
- 1/8 Tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp oil
- juice of 1/2 lime
- Heat cast iron on high heat.
- Add hanger steak and sear one side.
- Add butter and lower the heat to low, basting frequently for 5 minutes.
- Add Mombacho Café and continue to baste for 1 minute. Hanger steak is best cooked rare/ medium rare.
- Raise heat to medium high and add corn, cook 1 minute.
- Add garlic and cook 1 minute before adding tomato.
- Cook 1–2 minutes to warm tomatos and not cook through.
- Add lime juice.
- Make your quick salsa verde by mixing cilantro, garlic, oil, lime and a pinch of salt.
- Slice steak against the grain and plate it up.