- 6 chicken thighs
- 1 onion
- 5 sweet peppers
- 1 Tbsp Marrakesh Sitar Moroccan Blend
- 6 whole garlic cloves
- 4 leeks, cut into rounds
- 1 cup of white wine
- 1 lb fingerling potatoes
- 2 cups of chicken stock
- Salt to taste
- 2 cups of peas
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Garnish with mint leaves
- Preheat oven 425f
- Dry chicken thighs with paper towels and brush with oil and season with salt. Add chicken thighs skin side down to cold cast iron and turn up the heat to medium-high.
- Remove chicken from pan when they are golden brown, about 7–8 minutes. Do not flip keep the meat side raw.
- Add onions and peppers and cook in the chicken fat until softened about 5 minutes.
- Add Marrakesh Sitar spice blend, garlic cloves, and leeks.
- Sauté for 3 or so minutes until softened and fragrant and add the white wine.
- Reduce wine by half and add potatoes and chicken stock.
- Bring to a simmer and add chicken thighs back to pan skin side up.
- Bake 15–20 minutes uncovered.
- Take out of the oven and remove the chicken thighs from the pan.
- Simmer the liquid for 5 more minutes.
- Add peas and stir.
- Add chicken back to the pan and garnish with mint leaves.
Braised Crispy Chicken Thighs with Potatoes, Leeks, and Peas. was originally published in Spice Tribe on Medium, where people are continuing the conversation by highlighting and responding to this story.