- 1/3 cup of olive oil
- 1 large red onion
- 2 carrots
- 6 garlic cloves
- 1 Tbsp of Mombacho Café Nicaraguan Blend
- 2 cups Umbrian lentils
- 1 Qt chicken or vegetable stock, enough to cover the lentils
- Salt to taste
- 1 bunch kale
- 1 cup of coconut milk
- Serve with lemon
- Olive oil to coat
- 10–13 carrots
- 1 tsp Mombacho Café
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 400f
- Heat dutch oven to medium-high heat and add oil.
- Add carrots and onion and sauté until slightly caramelized.
- Add Mombacho Café to bloom in the oil until it becomes fragrant.
- Add the lentils and the stock and bring to a boil.
- Lower to a simmer and cook 30–45 minutes or until tender.
- While lentils are cooking, peel carrots.
- Rub with oil, salt, spice and maple syrup.
- Roast at 400f for 30–40 min until just tender but still have a bite (unless you like mushy carrots)
- Add kale and coconut milk to the lentils and stir to cook kale with residual heat.
- Taste seasoning and add salt if needed.
- Serve in a bowl topped with glazed carrots, carrot tops and lemon on the side.