- 1 red onion, diced
- 2 Tbsp garlic, minced
- 3 charred Anaheim chiles, diced
- 1 zucchini, diced
- 1 Tbsp Mombacho Café
- 1 Tbsp California Love
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 2 12oz cans of black beans
- Salt to taste
- 1 Tbsp of apple cider vinegar
- Sour cream and toasted pumpkin seeds (pepitas) to garnish
- Olive oil to coat the pan
1. Heat pan to medium-high heat and add olive oil to coat the pan.
2. Add onion and sauté until slightly caramelized about 5 minutes.
3. Add garlic and sauté 1–2 more minutes until fragrant.
4. Add Anaheim chiles and zucchini and cook 1–2 minutes while stirring.
5. Add both of the spice blends and stir to combine.
6. Add chicken stock to stock the browning process, bring to a simmer and cook 2 more minutes.
7. Add black beans and bring to simmer.
8. Season with salt and apple cider vinegar, taste and adjust accordingly
9. Remove from heat and add sour cream, pepitas, and more California Love to garnish.