- 1–2 lb of shrimp (size 16–20)
Mojo Sauce and Marinade
- 3 Tbsp minced ginger
- 4 Tbsp minced garlic
- 1 Tbsp Mombacho Café Nicaraguan Blend
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- Salt to taste
- Preheat bbq to high heat preferably charcoal.
- Mix ingredients for mojo and reserve half for sauce.
- Marinate shrimp for 10 min.
- Add shrimp to bbq and sear on high heat, spooning any extra marinade over the shrimp as they cook.
- Cook for about 3–5 min on one side until they are slightly charred and almost cooked through. Flip them over to kiss the bbq for a second and remove. Do not char on both sides or else they will overcook unless using large shrimp.
- Heat a pan to medium-high heat and add reserve mojo for the sauce. It will steam up when you pour in the pan so be careful. Reduce for 30 seconds and drizzle a couple of Tbsp of olive oil into the pan while stirring to emulsify. Season to taste.
- Serve shrimp over corn and cherry tomatoes and drizzle mojo sauce on top. Garnish with cilantro and enjoy.