This is a great warm salad that I love to make during the summer months with summer squash on my grill but this recipe can be enjoyed year-round. Feel free to switch up the vegetables, herbs, cheese, and nuts or roast the veggies in the oven when it is too cold to cook outside.
- 4 zucchini (yellow or green, sliced in half lengthwise)
- Enough olive oil to coat zucchini, about 3–4 Tbsp
- 2 Tbsp Marrakesh Sitar Moroccan Blend
- Salt to taste
- Basil for garnish
- Goat cheese for garnish
- Almonds for garnish
- Fire up bbq to high heat.
- Season zucchini with olive oil, Marrakesh Sitar Moroccan Blend, and salt.
- Grill for 5–7 minutes until slightly charred and beginning to soften.
- Flip and cook an additional 2 minutes and brush any leftover over spices and oil as it cooks (I like my zucchini to still have a bite and not get mushy).
- Garnish with basil, goat cheese and almonds and serve immediately.
Grilled Zucchini with Almonds, Goat Cheese and Basil was originally published in Spice Tribe on Medium, where people are continuing the conversation by highlighting and responding to this story.