- Pork chops
- Salt for dry brine
- Oil to coat pan
- 4 Tbsp butter, softened
- 1 Tbsp agave or honey
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp Mombacho Café Nicaraguan Blend
Orange Jalapeño Salsa
- 1 orange, segmented
- 2 jalapeños, seeded, deveined and diced
- 1 bunch of cilantro, chopped
- Juice from 1/2 a lime
- 1 tsp ginger, minced
- 3 green onions, sliced
- Dry- brine pork chops, season them the day before generously with salt (minimum 35 minutes).
- Heat cast iron over high heat for 2 minutes before adding oil.
- Mix ingredients for compound butter.
- Add pork chops and cook 1–2 minutes per side until nicely browned.
- Lower heat to medium- low and add compound butter.
- Baste and flip every 30 seconds for about 8 more minutes or until desired doneness.
- Let the pork chops rest while you mix ingredients for the salsa.
MOMBACHO CAFÉ PORK CHOPS WITH ORANGE JALAPEÑO SALSA was originally published in Spice Tribe on Medium, where people are continuing the conversation by highlighting and responding to this story.